[cellml-discussion] Meeting minutes 2008-11-19

  • From: alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk (Alan Garny)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Meeting minutes 2008-11-19
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 13:25:30 -0000

Hi,

I was wondering whether the minutes could be announced sooner? I understand
that they need to be approved, but still I would expect them to be announced
within 24 hours. If we look at last week's meeting, I received notice of the
minutes on Monday evening (i.e. Tuesday morning NZ time), i.e. one day
before you guys have your weekly CellML meeting (!!).

Most importantly (maybe) is that, while reading the minutes, I could relate
to issues (reported in the minutes) that had been acted upon since last
week's meeting. This is obviously good, but those issues kind of came out of
the blue at the time. It would have been nice if I didn't have to put 2 and
2 together, try to read people's mind behind their actions, etc.

Also, to know about the outcome of the meeting within 24 hours would
potentially allow people to react more efficiently (i.e. in 'real-time').

Cheers, Alan.

PS: it's not a recent occurrence, since it has been going on for months. In
a couple of cases, it even happened that the minutes were not announced. So,
no, nothing to do with the person who currently produces the minutes... :)