[cellml-discussion] 'Model' has pure virtual functions

  • From: lpsmith at spod-central.org (Lucian Smith)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] 'Model' has pure virtual functions
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 22:22:07 +0100

I am just starting to use the CellML DOM API in C++, and am running into
problems. Everything compiled fine (I'm using v1.6), but I seem to be
unable to declare 'Model' objects because they contain pure virtual
functions:

This code:

cellml_api::Model model;

gives me the error:

src/module.cpp:1570: error: cannot declare variable 'model' to be of
abstract type 'iface::cellml_api::Model'
/usr/local/include/IfaceCellML_APISPEC.hxx:163: note: because the
following virtual functions are pure within 'iface::cellml_api::Model':
/usr/local/include/Ifacexpcom.hxx:25: note: virtual void
iface::XPCOM::IObject::add_ref()
/usr/local/include/Ifacexpcom.hxx:26: note: virtual void
iface::XPCOM::IObject::release_ref()

(etc. etc.)

Is there a subclass of 'Model' that I need to use instead? The example
seems to just use 'Model', but it's in Java.

-Lucian

(Also, the 'Issue tracker' and 'Support' links on
http://www.cellml.org/tools/downloads/cellml_api are broken.)

(Also also, all mailman links are also broken, though mailman itself seems
to be running.)