[cellml-discussion] 'Model' has pure virtual functions

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] 'Model' has pure virtual functions
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 12:54:27 +1200

Lucian Smith wrote:
> I am just starting to use the CellML DOM API in C++, and am running into
> problems. Everything compiled fine (I'm using v1.6), but I seem to be
> unable to declare 'Model' objects because they contain pure virtual
> functions:
>
> This code:
>
> cellml_api::Model model;
Hi Lucian,

Model is an interface, not a concrete class. The way the API works is
that you always work with interfaces, but you never directly create them
directly. Instead, you need to use one of the bootstrap methods to get
access to an interface for the first object, and then from there use the
interfaces to get to everything else you need (working with pointers).

See the test programs like the unit tests, and CellML2C, to get an idea
of how to call the API from C++.

Best wishes,
Andrew