[cellml-discussion] Draft DAEs / events secondary specification for CellML 1.2

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Draft DAEs / events secondary specification for CellML 1.2
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:26:30 +1200

Hi all,

The draft CellML 1.2 specification I sent out last week
(http://www.cellml.org/Members/miller/draft-normative-spec-andrews-preferred/toplevel.xhtml)

is very generic and delegates the responsibility for narrowing down the
scope of CellML to something that can be implemented to secondary
specifications.

To get an idea of what a secondary specification might look like, I've
created a draft for models with the following features:
* Differential algebraic equations (including ODEs) are supported.
* There can be multiple dependent variables, but only one independent
variable.
* Basic events can be handled using boolean variables and piecewise
based rules to make changes when events happen.

The draft is available at:

http://www.cellml.org/Members/miller/draft-secondary-spec-dae-events/toplevel.xhtml

It is also up on GitHub:
https://github.com/A1kmm/cellml-dae-events-secondary

Best wishes,
Andrew

  • [cellml-discussion] Draft DAEs / events secondary specification for CellML 1.2, Andrew Miller, 09/12/2011