[[cellml-discussion] ] Model compaction code

  • From: David Nickerson <david.nickerson AT gmail.com>
  • To: A list for the developers of CellML tools <cellml-tools-developers AT cellml.org>, CellML Discussion List <cellml-discussion AT cellml.org>
  • Subject: [[cellml-discussion] ] Model compaction code
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 11:38:14 +1200

Hi all,

I have recently been trying to debug some convoluted errors in a tool I am
working on which generates CellML models, and none of the existing tools
helped me find the bugs. So I have been working on a new algorithm to
flatten CellML 1.1 model hierarchies into CellML 1.0 models, where I also
wanted to try and address a some of the CellML 1.1 features unsupported by
Jonathan's existing VersionConverter code (available in the CellML API as
the MoFS).

To this end, I have added code to my flattenCellML tool (
https://github.com/nickerso/flattenCellML) which will compact the
mathematical model into a single component which represents the minimal set
of equations and variables required to define all the top-level variables
in the model being compacted. Currently, the code is available on github
and if you are familiar with building tools with the CellML API you
shouldn't have too much difficulty building the code. The ModelCompactor
class could also be easily extracted for use in other codes if required.
I'm hoping to get Alan to add this as an feature in OpenCOR, which would be
the easiest way for users to access the feature.

There is a bit of a description up on github along with some known issues,
but I thought I'd let people know about the code now as it has helped me
debug my model problems and may be of use to others.

Cheers,
Andre.

--

[image: David Nickerson on about.me]

David Nickerson
about.me/david.nickerson
<http://about.me/david.nickerson>

  • [[cellml-discussion] ] Model compaction code, David Nickerson, 09/09/2014