[[cellml-discussion] ] VW summer school whole-cell modeling

  • From: Dagmar Waltemath <dagmar.waltemath AT uni-rostock.de>
  • To: CellML Discussion List ‎[cellml-discussion AT cellml.org]‎ <cellml-discussion AT cellml.org>
  • Subject: [[cellml-discussion] ] VW summer school whole-cell modeling
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 12:55:49 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-DE, en-US

Whole-cell modeling summer school
March 9-13, 2015 | Rostock, Germany

We are pleased to announce a hackathon-style summer school to be held next
year in Rostock, Germany, with the aim of developing an open version of the
Karr et al. whole-cell model (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22817898).

The primary aim for the participants of the summer school is to learn about
standards for modeling and simulation in computational biology. But a
secondary aim is to enjoy modeling, coding and diagramming the whole-cell
model using openly available software and COMBINE standards
(http://co.mbine.org).

An anticipated outcome of the event is a roadmap for future developments
needed in the different standardisation efforts involved in the summer
school. Together, we want to answer the important question: "What is missing
in today's standards?" We believe this will help provide guidelines for
COMBINE.

In total, we will accept up to 50 students (PhD to early postdoc level), who
will be fully funded through the Volkswagen Foundation. The application form
is open until the 31st of October.

Details of the summer school are available from the following website:

http://bit.ly/wholecell

Please consider putting up some advertisement in your institution
(https://sites.google.com/site/vwwholecellsummerschool/documents),

and please also feel free to forward this e-mail to potentially interested
colleagues.

Dagmar Waltemath and Falk Schreiber

Dagmar Waltemath, Dept. of Systems Biology & Bioinformatics,
University of Rostock, D-18051 Rostock, Germany
Web: http://www.sbi.uni-rostock.de/sems
Skype: dagmar.waltemath

  • [[cellml-discussion] ] VW summer school whole-cell modeling, Dagmar Waltemath, 09/25/2014