[[cellml-discussion] ] Migration of the Physiome Model Repository from Mercurial to Git workspaces

  • From: David Nickerson <david.nickerson AT gmail.com>
  • To: CellML Discussion List <cellml-discussion AT cellml.org>, A list for the developers of CellML tools <cellml-tools-developers AT cellml.org>
  • Subject: [[cellml-discussion] ] Migration of the Physiome Model Repository from Mercurial to Git workspaces
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 11:22:58 +1300

Hi all,

The Physiome Model Repository (https://models.physiomeproject.org or
http://models.cellml.org) currently makes use of Mercurial to provide
the underlying distributed version control system (DVCS) used in the
repository workspaces. See
http://aucklandphysiomerepository.readthedocs.org/ for the current
documentation or http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/12/22 for more
information.

In an effort to consolidate software projects at the Auckland
Bioengineering Institute and in recognition of the huge rise in
popularity of the Git DVCS (http://git-scm.com/) since the inception
of the PMR2 software, we are planning to migrate away from Mercurial
and instead use Git as the underlying DVCS for managing workspaces in
the Physiome Model Repository. We are planning to complete this
migration in the first quarter of next year and will announce more
details early in the new year.

At this stage, we would like to solicit any feedback from users of the
repository in regard to the planned migration. Particularly if this
change will have an impact on your use of the repository or any
software tools that you use in your modelling activities.

Cheers,
David.

--

David Nickerson