[cellml-dev] Code style suggestion

  • From: r.britten at auckland.ac.nz (Randal Britten)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Code style suggestion
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 22:38:21 +1300

Hi all

I would like to suggest that we change our current code style
standard. I think that abbreviations should be avoided for identifier
names. Abbreviations remained popular because they saved some typing,
but modern IDE's have autocompletion and similar features.

Not sure if Emacs supports autocompletion or not. I know this will be
harder if Emacs does not support autocompletion, but I don't think we
should compromise our coding style for the sake of a particular editor.

Regards,
Randall