[cellml-dev] Code style suggestion

  • From: r.britten at auckland.ac.nz (Randall Britten)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Code style suggestion
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 18:21:50 +1300

Hi all

We're on the same page.

I agree with not blindly following style guides, which is why they are
called guides. I agree with using "i" for small loops. I agree with using
standard acronyms (e.g. CVODE).

However, our code has many more abbreviations than I think is good practice.
I do not think we should try and fix these retrospectively. I think we
should do this:
1) From now on, prefer avoiding abbreviations.
2) Expand existing abbreviations in code if you are working on that piece of
code.

Regards,
Randall