[cellml-dev] PCEnv 3 month roadmap

  • From: alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk (Alan Garny)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] PCEnv 3 month roadmap
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:18:37 -0000

My personal main priority remains the same: CellML validation service. I
find it somewhat unbelievable that PCEnv can run models (though I seem to
recall that it has, in the past at least, not been able to run valid
models), but that it still cannot tell us whether a model is valid and/or
what is wrong with a model. I want to think that this is a basic
functionality that ought to be implemented ASAP.

I know we agreed on the MacOS support, but as you said we are not clear
about the demand for such support. As for a non-linear system solver, please
correct me if I am wrong, but it would most likely only benefit a few models
(no doubt very useful models, but only a few of them - that wouldn't be the
Saucerman model by any chance?). These two functionalities may, in the end,
take a fair amount of time to implement, yet will only benefit a few, while
a CellML validation service would benefit everybody.

Only my 2p.