[cellml-dev] Mercurial

  • From: alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk (Alan Garny)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Mercurial
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 18:16:37 +0100

Hi,

I was looking for additional information about Mercurial and came across the
following resource: http://hgbook.red-bean.com/read/. Hopefully, some will
find it useful.

Still, until I find the time to go through it in detail, I was wondering
whether someone would know how to merge the content of the default branch
into my personal branch. I thought that a 'hg merge default' would do it,
but nope! It gave me the opportunity to keep the files that I added in my
branch, but any previously existing file that I modified got overridden with
its content of the default branch (as if a simple copy had been done rather
than a 'proper' merge).

This is clearly not critical, but I like the idea of keeping my branch
up-to-date with the default branch, so any idea of how I could achieve that
using Mercurial would be much appreciated!

Cheers, Alan.

Dr Alan Garny

University of Oxford, Department of Physiology, Anatomy & Genetics

Sherrington Building, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PT, England

<http://noble.physiol.ox.ac.uk/people/agarny/>
http://noble.physiol.ox.ac.uk/people/agarny/

<http://cor.physiol.ox.ac.uk/> http://cor.physiol.ox.ac.uk/