[cellml-dev] Create a units definition within a component

  • From: david.nickerson at gmail.com (David Nickerson)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Create a units definition within a component
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 22:39:50 +1200

> Would anyone know how to create a units definition within a component? I
> can see how to do that within a model (using the CreateUnits method), but I
> couldn?t find a similar of doing it for a component, yet both the Model and
> CellMLComponent classes offer access to the units local to the model and
> CellML component, respectively. So, yes, I am a bit puzzled?

working from memory here, but I think you use the factory method on
the model and then use the addElement (or something similar -
addChild?) to add it to the CellMLComponent object. Creating objects
using the model just set the document scope (in the DOM sense) not the
actual location in the model. I think all objects are like that - you
need to add them to the appropriate parent after creating them.

Hope that helps guide you in the right direction :)

Cheers,
Andre.