[cellml-dev] CellML API - GetAlternateVersion from the Model interface

  • From: alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk (Alan Garny)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] CellML API - GetAlternateVersion from the Model interface
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:45:01 +0100

I clearly overlooked the discussion about CellML 1.1 importing CellML 1.0
components being technically invalid. As you said, it's good that current
tools nonetheless allow such a thing. In fact, I hope it's going to remain
that way, since most models are CellML 1.0 models.

Anyway, regarding what I am trying to do... Well, I took the view that if
the model is truly CellML 1.0, then it should be saved as such, and only
saved as a CellML 1.1 model if there are import statements. My reasoning
behind this is that, as we know, most CellML tools are 'only' CellML 1.0
capable, so if someone creates a pure CellML 1.0 model in OpenCell and end
up with a 'CellML 1.1' model, then this might be a problem with other CellML
tools. This is the reason I would like to stick to what I am trying to do
with my COR-like view. Hope it makes sense...

Alan