[cellml-dev] CellML API - GetAlternateVersion from the Model interface

  • From: alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk (Alan Garny)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] CellML API - GetAlternateVersion from the Model interface
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:59:22 +0100

> From: cellml-tools-developers-bounces at cellml.org [mailto:cellml-tools-
> developers-bounces at cellml.org] On Behalf Of David Nickerson
>
> I know it doesn't help and the bug you see should be fixed, but why
> are you creating CellML 1.0 models in the first place? Doesn't it make
> sense to always create CellML 1.1 models regardless of there being
> imports or not? As Andrew pointed out somewhere recently, technically
> it is invalid CellML 1.1 to import a CellML 1.0 component (something
> I'd never considered and am glad the tools don't actually stop such
> models working), so we really want to be doing everything we can to
> get model authors creating CellML 1.1 models. You'd imagine then that
> OpenCell should have a "Save as..." option that lets you choose to
> flatten the model and export a CellML 1.0 model document (probably
> making use of Johnathan's model flattening code). [perhaps such an
> option already exists?]

Otherwise, good point indeed about that "Save as..." option. As far as I am
aware, it's not available. You might want to create a tracker item for it?
Otherwise, Jonathan might correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember
that there are a few limitations in Jonathan's CellML 1.1 to CellML 1.0
converter. So, though it would make sense to reuse Jonathan's code, it might
have to be 'improved'?...

Alan