[cellml-dev] CellML wchar sizes

  • From: lpsmith at spod-central.org (Lucian Smith)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] CellML wchar sizes
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 23:16:48 +0000

* Andrew Miller <ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz> [2009-12-01 20:36] writes:
> Lucian Smith wrote:
> >* Andrew Miller <ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz> [2009-12-01 02:11] writes:
> >>
> >> nsresult rv;
> >> nsCOMPtr<cellml_apiICellMLBootstrap>
> >>boot(do_GetService(CELLML_BOOTSTRAP_CID, &rv));
> >> NS_ENSURE_SUCCESS(rv, rv);
> >> nsCOMPtr<cellml_apiIModel> mod;
> >> rv = boot->CreateModel(NS_LITERAL_STRING("1.1"), getter_AddRefs(mod));
> >> NS_ENSURE_SUCCESS(rv, rv);
> >>

> >Am I right in assuming that if I want to use OpenCell's DataCollector
> >library (cellml-opencell/opencellStage/components/libDataCollector.so ) I
> >will need to use XPCOM, and write code like the above, in order to use
> >functions like MathMLToInputFormat, which takes an nsCString as an
> >argument?
>
> Yes, unless you want to port it to not use XPCOM.
>

> >If so, where do the functions 'boot' and 'do_GetService' come from (as
> >well as the (I assume) #define's) from your example?
>
> boot is not a function - this is C++ syntax for passing arguments to an
> object constructor.

Whoops, I knew that. Wasn't paying close enough attention when I asked
the question; sorry. The other information was indeed helpful, and I
think I basically have it, except:

> CELLML_BOOTSTRAP_CID may need to be pasted in from
> CellMLBootstrapXPCOM.cpp explicitly, we don't seem to have a header for
> it (but maybe we should consider this).
> #define CELLML_BOOTSTRAP_CID \
> { /* 56849f69-c321-4be6-9191-1bb2ee0a76e0 */ \
> 0x56849f69, \
> 0xc321, \
> 0x4be6, \
> {0x91, 0x91, 0x1b, 0xb2, 0xee, 0x0a, 0x75, 0xe0} \
> }

This is the bit that I'm having problems with--if I #define this at the
top of the file, the line:

nsCOMPtr<cellml_apiICellMLBootstrap> boot(do_GetService(CELLML_BOOTSTRAP_CID,
&rv));

gives me the error:

src/module-cellml.cpp:230: error: expected primary-expression before '{' token

-Lucian