[cellml-dev] CellML wchar sizes

  • From: lpsmith at spod-central.org (Lucian Smith)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] CellML wchar sizes
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 00:37:40 +0000

So, I'm still not sure when I need to use getter_AddRefs() and when I
don't, but so far it seems the answer is 'everywhere' which is annoying,
but there you go. I *finally* got all my old code translated into the new
regime, faked up some string to nsString converters (which I'm sure will
fail horribly if ever used for real unicode, but at this point I don't
care), so I got it to actually run. And it immediately failed:

nsresult rv;
nsCOMPtr<cellml_apiICellMLBootstrap>
boot(do_GetService(CELLML_BOOTSTRAP_CONTRACTID, &rv));
NS_ENSURE_SUCCESS(rv, -1);

'rv' turned out to be 2147746132, which wasn't very helpful, but I managed
to translate that into hex via google, then look *that* up in nsError.h
and finally found out that it means "NS_ERROR_FACTORY_NOT_REGISTERED".

I don't know how to register a factory, and actually have a very dim idea
of what a factory is in the first place. Help?

-Lucian