[cellml-dev] The model of a connection

  • From: lpsmith at spod-central.org (Lucian Smith)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] The model of a connection
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 00:31:03 +0100

* Andrew Miller <ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz> [2010-03-31 22:52] writes:

> If the connection really is in Pandit_Hinch_Niederer, and it is
> returning the wrong model, it is a bug.
>
> A few things: are you sure that the call succeeded? Are you checking
> your rvs to make sure something didn't fail, leaving you with a stale
> value of something?
>
> Can you produce a small test program (preferably not using the XPCOM
> bridge) that demonstrates this problem?

A-ha! It turns out that both the importing model and the imported model
connect some of the same variables, so when I found the connection in the
importing model, I assumed that was the one I was looking at in my
program. I presume, since the two variables in question were in
components which were both imported in the same import element, that the
importing model's connection was unnecessary?

At any rate, it turned out I was handling auto-imported connections
between unencapsulated renamed components incorrectly (which, oddly
enough, only showed up in this single cellml model out of all of them on
cellml.org), so, that fixed, I think I now can read and translate all the
models I've tested. Thanks!

-Lucian