[cellml-dev] Imported encapsulated components question

  • From: lpsmith at spod-central.org (Lucian Smith)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Imported encapsulated components question
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 00:41:19 +0100

I have a general CellML question. I know that if you import a component
that encapsulates other components, those other components are imported
automatically, though they are 'invisible' to the importing model.

Also, if you import two components at once (within the same 'import'
element), any connections that existed in the model you are importing from
are also imported.

What happens when you import an encapsulating component and also explcitly
import a component it encapsulates, and there's a connection between the
two?

Say we have component X, which encapsulates Y, and X.m = Y.m. Now I
import X and Y in a single import element. Do I get two copies of Y? And
are all three 'm's set to be equivalent? If Y was where m's starting
value was declared, is the resulting model therefore invalid, since it
declares the starting value of this variable twice?

-Lucian

  • [cellml-dev] Imported encapsulated components question, Lucian Smith, 04/01/2010