[cellml-dev] Fwd: Fwd: opencell error

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Fwd: Fwd: opencell error
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 10:00:47 +1200

Hi Marco and others,

This looks like it could just be the error you get when you don't have
XCode installed and try to compile a model on Mac.

In case Marco isn't aware: On all platforms except Mac, we package a C
compiler with OpenCell, which is used as models are converted from
CellML to C, compiled and run. On Mac, we have asked Apple for
permission to include their linker in OpenCell, and been refused - so
until we can find a working Free / Open Source linker for Mac, Mac users
need to download XCode (which is over 500 MB) on their computers before
they can use OpenCell. We need to work on ways to better inform Mac
users of this requirement, as it has caught a few people out.

Marco, could you please let me know if you have XCode installed, and if
not, try again after installing XCode from
http://developer.apple.com/technologies/xcode.html (you will have to
register with Apple as a developer, for which there is no charge, if
you haven't already, to download XCode).

Best wishes,
Andrew

On 21/06/10 08:04, Dougal Cowan wrote:
> Hi Justin, Andrew
>
> I've tried this model in OpenCell in Windows, and it appears to run with
> no problems. Hanne made the session file, and she is on Mac - so I guess
> it can't be a Mac issue. Any ideas?
>
> Dougal

  • [cellml-dev] Fwd: Fwd: opencell error, Andrew Miller, 06/21/2010