[cellml-dev] Compiling the API and OpenCell on Windows

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Compiling the API and OpenCell on Windows
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 14:33:34 +1300

On 25/11/10 23:20, Lucian Smith wrote:
> OK, I haven't had a chance to put everything together yet, but I did see
> that there is one piece I am still missing--the DataCollector.lib file
> from OpenCell. Does this bit happen to be floating around somewhere?

Hi Lucian,

Note that DataCollector.lib isn't part of the API, it is part of the
(now no longer maintained) xulrunner-based OpenCell, so won't be
included in API binary distributions when we start making them.

I've checked the clean build, and it looks like the .lib file got wiped
and then rebuilding it timed out; I have a .lib file in the incremental
builds which you can try if you have trouble building DataCollector
(quite possibly not consistent with the API files you have) - however, I
think the most reliable approach would be for you to build DataCollector
against the API and Mozilla SDK yourself - part of the point of
providing API binaries is to make that sort of thing possible.

Best wishes,
Andrew