[cellml-dev] servererror

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] servererror
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 08:43:55 +1300

On 04/01/11 13:13, Lucian Smith wrote:
> So, on Unix at least, I now have Andrew's version of my code debugged and
> updated to the point where the translation machinery seems to be working
> as well as it did before, meaning I no longer should have to use
> xulrunner, which is great.
>
> However, something is still going wrong with the translator program: if I
> ask it to translate several models at once, it translates a random subset
> of them, telling me it cannot parse the remaining files due to
> 'servererror'. If I send those files individually to the translator, it
> works fine.
>
> Presumably, something asynchronous is going on, but I haven't a clue where
> to start looking.

The CellML API provides an API for asynchronous loading, but the actual
that is involved here.

I suspect something is getting corrupted, or there is uninitialised
memory somewhere.

I found a bug in the reference counting for math results in the CellML
API, and a bug in the string processing in the Antimony translation -
with both fixes together I don't get any errors (although
antimony2cellml does seem to be leaking memory) - the solution is to
make sure that all calls which expect the caller to release memory
afterwards actually do so; unfortunately, a single missing release_ref()
can cause the entire model representation to leak.

Patch to get antimony2cellml working for me attached.

Best wishes,
Andrew