[cellml-dev] [cellml-discussion] CellML API Release Candidate 4 out

  • From: lpsmith at spod-central.org (Lucian Smith)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] [cellml-discussion] CellML API Release Candidate 4 out
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 22:56:57 +0100

While TeLICeMService.hpp is now in the mac and windows include/ directory,
it is still missing from the linux include/ directory.

Would it be too much to ask for the mac binaries to be universal binaries
instead of i386-only? I personally would like the ppc added; others may
appreciate x86_64. (Particularly if you don't want to not have people
have to compile the API themselves on a mac.)

Also, I don't know how these things are usually done on the mac, but the
provided binaries all assume they are being installed in /usr/local/lib/
(you can see this with 'otool -L libcevas.dylib', as an example). The
installation instructions should probably mention this.

Finally, it would be nice if the final actual install files had different
names from each other, and if the Windows file was a .zip

Barring the above issues, I now believe I have gotten the rc to work out
of the box on a mac, and with that one file copied in by hand on linux.
My initial attempt at getting it to fully integrate on Windows was not
successful, but I still have avenues to explore before I admit defeat
there. So close...

Thanks for all your efforts so far!

-Lucian