[cellml-dev] cmake issues

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] cmake issues
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 09:50:12 +1200

On 05/08/11 07:11, Lucian Smith wrote:
> I'm trying out the new cmake system and I like it! A couple things:
>
> I get the following warning when compiling on ubuntu:
>
> [ 71%] Building C object CMakeFiles/cellml.dir/extdep/libxml/xmlmemory.c.o
> /home/lpsmith/CellML/hg/cellml-api/extdep/libxml/xmlmemory.c: In function
> CDA_xmlMallocLoc:
> /home/lpsmith/CellML/hg/cellml-api/extdep/libxml/xmlmemory.c:208: warning:
> format %ld expects type long int, but argument 4 has type size_t
> /home/lpsmith/CellML/hg/cellml-api/extdep/libxml/xmlmemory.c: In function
> CDA_xmlMallocAtomicLoc:
> /home/lpsmith/CellML/hg/cellml-api/extdep/libxml/xmlmemory.c:276: warning:
> format %ld expects type long int, but argument 4 has type size_t
> /home/lpsmith/CellML/hg/cellml-api/extdep/libxml/xmlmemory.c: In function
> CDA_xmlReallocLoc:
> /home/lpsmith/CellML/hg/cellml-api/extdep/libxml/xmlmemory.c:352: warning:
> format %ld expects type long int, but argument 4 has type size_t
> /home/lpsmith/CellML/hg/cellml-api/extdep/libxml/xmlmemory.c:352: warning:
> format %ld expects type long int, but argument 5 has type size_t
>
> I know this is the external library, but figured I'd mention it.
>

> More critically, when I 'make install' I get the error:
>
> CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:146 (FILE):
> file INSTALL cannot find
> "/home/lpsmith/CellML/hg/cellml-api/interfaces/IfaceCellML_APISPEC.hxx".
>
> And indeed, that file does not exist.

Hi Lucian,

I'm guessing that is another problem with out-of-directory builds; until
this can be fixed, can you try an in-directory build (i.e. cd
/home/lpsmith/CellML/hg/cellml-api; cmake . && make all install)?

BTW was there any particular reason you needed to turn CHECK_BUILD off
(ideally, we would like to make it so there are very cases where it
makes sense to override CHECK_BUILD)?

Best wishes,
Andrew