[cellml-dev] cmake issues

  • From: lpsmith at spod-central.org (Lucian Smith)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] cmake issues
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 23:06:15 +0100

* Andrew Miller <ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz> [2011-08-04 22:50] writes:
> On 05/08/11 07:11, Lucian Smith wrote:
> >I'm trying out the new cmake system and I like it! A couple things:
> >
> >More critically, when I 'make install' I get the error:
> >
> >CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:146 (FILE):
> > file INSTALL cannot find
> > "/home/lpsmith/CellML/hg/cellml-api/interfaces/IfaceCellML_APISPEC.hxx".
> >
> >And indeed, that file does not exist.
>
> Hi Lucian,
>
> I'm guessing that is another problem with out-of-directory builds; until
> this can be fixed, can you try an in-directory build (i.e. cd
> /home/lpsmith/CellML/hg/cellml-api; cmake . && make all install)?

Yup; that was the issue. And indeed, when I look in the external
directory I was in, there is indeed an interfaces/IfaceCellML_APISPEC.hxx
file there, so hopefully that'll be an easy fix. (For what it's worth,
that was the only problem I had with an external-directory build.)

> BTW was there any particular reason you needed to turn CHECK_BUILD off?

Nah, I just turned off the checks to make it faster and to reduce the
potential dependencies I imagined might exist. I had already unchecked
'BUILD_TESTING' and there was CHECK_BUILD right there...

-Lucian