[cellml-dev] Draft DAEs / events secondary specification for CellML 1.2

  • From: jonathan.cooper at cs.ox.ac.uk (Jonathan Cooper)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Draft DAEs / events secondary specification for CellML 1.2
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 09:30:22 +0100

Dear all,

I haven't gone through the detail of Andrew's draft, but a general point
occurred to me on reading the features list. Many tools would only
support a subset of these features (the most common being just ODEs with
no events). Does it make sense to require a secondary specification for
each combination of features, or should secondary specifications allow
for being combined to build up a desired feature set? In other words,
should the example instead be 3 specs (ODEs, DAEs, events) that can be
combined as a model author wishes?

Also, I can't recall whether there will be any mechanism for a model
document to declare which secondary specification(s) it uses, if any?

Best wishes,
Jonathan