[cellml-dev] CellML 1.10rc2

  • From: alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk (Alan Garny)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] CellML 1.10rc2
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 22:07:32 +0200

Hi Andrew,

I thought I would, using CMake, create a small CellML program
<https://github.com/agarny/cellml-example-with-cmake> and try to get it to
work on all three platforms.

Now, the outcome: on Linux x86, Linux x64 and Mac OS X x64, everything
worked as expected, e.g.

_____

user at machine:~/CellML$ ./makeproj

Making CellML...

-- The C compiler identification is GNU

-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU

-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc

-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works

-- Detecting C compiler ABI info

-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done

-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info

-- Configuring done

-- Generating done

-- Build files have been written to: /home/agarny/CellML/build

Scanning dependencies of target CellML

[100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/CellML.dir/src/main.cpp.o

Linking CXX executable CellML

[100%] Built target CellML

All done!

user at machine:~/CellML$ ./runproj

Running CellML...

Model's cmeta:id is beeler_reuter_1977_version04

All done!

user at machine:~/CellML$ ./cleanproj

Cleaning the CellML environment...

All done!

user at machine:~/CellML$

_____

However, on Windows, things don't work as expected, even though everything
builds fine. Basically, whenever I run the program, I get the following
message: "The procedure entry point _ZNKSt9exception4whatEv could not be
located in the dynamic link library libstdc++-6.dll". That DLL is part of
MinGW, so I thought I would check its entry points (using DLL Export Viewer
<http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/dll_export_viewer.html> ), but couldn't find
anything for ZNKSt9exception4whatEv.

The only thing I can think of is that we use different versions of MinGW.
Personally, I use the (patched) version (4.4) of MinGW that comes with Qt
SDK 1.1.3 <http://qt.nokia.com/downloads> , and I wonder whether you
wouldn't be using the official version of MinGW <http://www.mingw.org/> .?

Alan

Dr Alan Garny

University of Oxford, Department of Physiology, Anatomy & Genetics

Sherrington Building, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PT, England

<http://noble.physiol.ox.ac.uk/people/agarny/>
http://noble.physiol.ox.ac.uk/people/agarny/

<http://cor.physiol.ox.ac.uk/> http://cor.physiol.ox.ac.uk/ -
<http://www.opencor.ws/> http://www.opencor.ws/