[cellml-dev] CellML API not getting cleared between reads

  • From: lpsmith at spod-central.org (Lucian Smith)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] CellML API not getting cleared between reads
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 19:17:01 +0100

I was attempting to track down a very odd bug in my CellML translator, and
eventually figured out that the problem was that if I attempted to
translate two files in a row, I had the bug, but if I translated only one
at a time, I did not:

sbtranslate alexander_wahl_2010/alexander_wahl_2010.cellml -o antimony

is fine

sbtranslate alexander_wahl_2010/alexander_wahl_2010_system2.cellml -o
antimony

is also fine

but:

sbtranslate alexander_wahl_2010/alexander_wahl_2010*cellml -o antimony

crashes.

The problem is that there are very similar models in the two files.
First it reads alexander_wahl_2010.cellml, and processes it. This file
has a component 'A' with a variable 'v_tilday'. Then it reads
alexander_wahl_system2.cellml and processes it. This file *also* has a
component 'A', but with a variable 'v' instead of 'v_tilday'. When I ask
the API 'give me component A', it gives me the one from the first file
instead of the second. Then there's a connection between the variable
'v', which it can't find, because in the version it got, it only has
'v_tilday'.

Is there something I can call to actually wipe out the API's long-term
memory?

-Lucian

  • [cellml-dev] CellML API not getting cleared between reads, Lucian Smith, 09/21/2011