[cellml-dev] RDF hashes

  • From: lpsmith at spod-central.org (Lucian Smith)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] RDF hashes
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 20:53:26 +0000

* Andrew Miller <ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz> [2011-11-29 19:52] writes:
> On 30/11/11 08:06, Lucian Smith wrote:
> >So, we're considering trying to parse the RDF in CellML models. However,
> >those hash marks look pretty mysterious. What are they, and how do you,
> >er, un-hash them?
> >
> >(And why are they hashed in the first place?)
> Hi Lucian,
>
> I'd firstly suggest using either the RDF/XML facilities in the CellML
> API, or some other RDF library to parse the RDF/XML - you definitely
> want to make sure you do it in a way consistent with the RDF/XML
> specification, as there are multiple forms of XML that represent the
> same RDF triples.
>
> In RDF, subjects, predicates, and some objects are 'resources', which
> are uniquely identified by an absolute URI.
>
> In CellML RDF annotations, any element with a cmeta:id on it has a
> corresponding resource, and the absolute URI for that resource is the
> absolute URI for the model, followed by #, followed by the cmeta:id
> (this is the standard syntax for URIs to elements with a particular
> identifier in the model).

Oh, so those hashes *are* the ids! I thought they were something else,
since in the several models I looked at, the only 'about' strings were
these long random lines of numbers and letters I didn't find anywhere else
except in the rdf section. But I guess the ones I looked at were just a
mass of self-referential triples, and didn't refer to to anything in the
model at all.

About how many CellML models have RDF information that actually refers to
something other than the model as a whole? Any idea?

-Lucian