[cellml-dev] RDF hashes

  • From: david.nickerson at gmail.com (David Nickerson)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] RDF hashes
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 10:48:00 +1300

> Oh, so those hashes *are* the ids! ?I thought they were something else,
> since in the several models I looked at, the only 'about' strings were
> these long random lines of numbers and letters I didn't find anywhere else
> except in the rdf section. ?But I guess the ones I looked at were just a
> mass of self-referential triples, and didn't refer to to anything in the
> model at all.

yep - typically once a model is read into a tool that handles the
RDF/XML (such as OpenCell) then it will be re-serialized with all the
blank nodes in the RDF graph explicitly stated in the RDF/XML and they
will all have "unique" IDs generated by the tool. One reason why it is
never a good idea to treat RDF/XML as XML ;-)

> About how many CellML models have RDF information that actually refers to
> something other than the model as a whole? ?Any idea?

The standard for all the models coded by Catherine and her pupils is
to annotate the model and the document. I would thus expect very few
of the models to have any other metadata. Some of the models I have
added have a bit more detail in them, see the models in
http://models.cellml.org/workspace/a1 or my Hodgkin-Huxley version
http://models.cellml.org/w/andre/HH for some examples - although none
of these will be up-to-date with regard to the recent developments in
the CellML metadata specifications.

Cheers,
Andre.