[[cellml-dev] ] Mac OS X CellML API 1.12

  • From: Ivo Siekmann <ivo.siekmann AT unimelb.edu.au>
  • To: cellml-tools-developers AT lists.cellml.org
  • Subject: [[cellml-dev] ] Mac OS X CellML API 1.12
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 10:12:19 +1000

Hi CellMLers,

I'm trying to get the CellML API running on Mac and I ran into some difficulties.

1) Compiling from source code:
a) This fails with clang (Apple LLVM version 5.1 (clang-503.0.40)), apparently due to a forward declaration of the << operator in TestAssert.h when attempting to build DOMTEST.cpp.o (I don't know much about this but from some googling it seems to me that clang is stricter about the standard than some other compilers. So it may see errors where other compilers don't).

b) Compiling with gcc 4.8.2 goes through and passes the tests of 'CheckCodeGenerator' and 'CheckVACSS' but fails for 'RunTestBin'. I didn't find out a lot more about how/why it failed.

2) Binaries:
I've downloaded the binaries and Mac OS X complains that the package can't be opened "because it may be damaged or incomplete". Well, I can open the package and look at its contents, so it may be possible to link the libraries but I haven't tried.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Ivo