Re: [[cellml-dev] ] Feedback on libCellML design document

  • From: David Nickerson <david.nickerson AT gmail.com>
  • To: cellml-tools-developers AT lists.cellml.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cellml-dev] ] Feedback on libCellML design document
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 23:11:58 +1300

> I still think that Manager will be needed as a support class for handling
> some of the nuances that will crop up when serialising a group of models
> that are linked via imports. I think that some code for this would shed
> light on the issues.

I think that is showing the reason for why you consider it necessary,
but I don't see why libCellML would ever need to concern itself with
serialising a group of models linked by imports? I'm not sure I even
understand what that means or how it could be something that libCellML
needs to worry about...perhaps as you say some code would shed light
on this but I'm not seeing how. My preference would be to see the code
base developed without a Manager until it can be shown that things
simply don't work without such an object.

Cheers,
Andre.