[cellml-discussion] cellml units

  • From: whedley at sdsc.edu (Warren Hedley)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] cellml units
  • Date: Sat Aug 7 04:02:26 2004

Hi folks,

After reading Alan arguments and Matt's responses, I remain unpersuaded
that we need to change the way the standard units are handled.

By all means, the import mechanism can be used to load sets of unit
definitions that build on top of the standard units, but I see no reason
why the standard units should be imported. They're standard -- that's
the whole point! They're something that model authors and all tools can
rely on.

Also, I believe the SBML spec defines a very similar set of standard
units in the same way (basically the SI units plus a couple of useful
things), so we would be introducing a level of complexity in translation
that doesn't seem useful.

My 2c,
Warren

--