Re: [cellml-discussion] RDF API

  • From: Matt Halstead <matt.halstead AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: "For those interested in contributing to the development of CellML." <cellml-discussion AT cellml.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cellml-discussion] RDF API
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:05:33 +1200

On 26/08/2005, at 4:35 PM, Andrew Miller wrote:

Hi all,

I have been looking into RDF APIs that we could use to provide the placeholder
cellml_api::RDF. Unfortunately, there has never been any API recommended by the
W3C, although there are a number of different APIs in use. The Mozilla one seems
to be the only one I can find the uses IDLs to define the API.

Does anyone have any opinion on how we should go about manipulating RDF?

Yes, we leave it as XML fragments for now and deal with it when we come to thinking about handling metadata. We are likely to want to add a CellML specific API for metadata based on either RDF schemas, or OWL ontologies. The CellML metadata editor does have an interface for handling the metadata, and that might be a good place to review some of this when the time comes.

cheers
Matt

Best regards,
Andrew Miller