[cellml-discussion] pcenv and cellml_corba_server

  • From: david.nickerson at nus.edu.sg (David Nickerson)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] pcenv and cellml_corba_server
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:04:52 +0800

I'd just like to check my understanding of this. When I start pcenv the
first time, a cellml_corba_server process is started up (if its not
already running, I assume) and forked into the background. When I exit
pcenv the cellml_corba_server process continues to run, unknown to the
user. And then the cellml_corba_server will continue to run, hidden in
the background doing who knows what until I either kill it or reboot my
machine?

If that is the case, this really concerns me and is something that pcenv
should definitely not be doing.

As I understand it, pcenv should be a standalone application for people
to run. Why does it need to start up a independent server of any kind
and why does it then leave that server running once you exit the
application?

--
David Nickerson, PhD
Research Fellow