[cellml-discussion] Biological and other non-model citations in CellML metadata?

  • From: lenov at ebi.ac.uk (Nicolas Le Novere)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Biological and other non-model citations in CellML metadata?
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:33:51 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Matt wrote:

>> BioPAX annotatation scheme is very fragile and in practise almost
>> unusable.
>
> How is that?

Because the annotation is free-form. I can use UniProt, uniprot, Uni-Prot etc.

> That was always going to wash out in practice. I'm not sure a rule for
> generating the URI is useful in the long run, especially if these
> database produce their own URI scheme, then it becomes a less simple
> task to match other data resources that don't use the biopax scheme to
> the ones that use the originating databases scheme.

I entirely agree. This is why (well, that is one of the reasons) I do
not like LSIDs, and why we developed MIRIAM resources. So that
everybody use the same URIs. This is explained in the MIRIAM paper.

--
Nicolas LE NOVERE, Computational Neurobiology,
EMBL-EBI, Wellcome-Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SD, UK
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~lenov, AIM: nlenovere, MSN: nlenovere at hotmail.com