[cellml-discussion] information_cellml_simulator

  • From: j.lawson at auckland.ac.nz (James Lawson)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] information_cellml_simulator
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:10:15 +1200

This is the email I sent him:

Dear Danilo,

My name is James Lawson, I am the curator of the CellML.org repository
of models. If you have any questions whatsoever about any of the models,
or how to simulate them, please let me know. I am at your service.

First I think you will need to download either PCEnv or COR. I would
think that COR would be more suited to your needs. You can download COR
for free from http://cor.physiol.ox.ac.uk/ although it only runs in
Windows. If you have a Linux system, you will need to get PCEnv, from
http://www.cellml.org/tools/pcenv/
You can download the binary, unzip it, and simply run the pcenv script
to load the program.

Once you have installed a simulator, please select a model from
www.cellml.org/models and download it by clicking 'standard' at the top
of the model page, under 'download options.'

You can then open the model in the simulator and integrate it. You may
want to read the documentation in 'help' for COR or PCEnv.

Most of our major cardiac electrophysiology models are well curated. Not
all of the models in the repository work, however. Please feel free to
ask any questions you have.

I wish you the best of luck.

Kind regards,
James Lawson