[cellml-discussion] CellML technical question.

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] CellML technical question.
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 09:30:26 +1200

----- ----- wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know why multiple files appear in the right side of window
> when I open just ONE import file ? Can I do anything to change this ?

Hi Habib,

Just so we have some context to put your question in, would you be able
to describe what software package these results occur in? As far as I am
aware, PCEnv is the only visual editing environment to support imports
in CellML, but I am having trouble relating what part of PCEnv you would
be referring to, as PCEnv puts graphs on the right hand side by default,
which are completely user-defined.

> And when I have imported the same component twice, and I change the
> reference name for one of the components, Shouldnt the component have that
> new name (so i can differentiate when using graphs and such) ?

Imported components generally need two or more names (depending on how
many times they are imported, because an imported component can be
further imported), and which one is used does of course depend on what
context they are referred to in. Unfortunately, it is not always as
simple as taking the 'top most' name, because importing one component
will often bring in others with it due to the encapsulation mechanisms
in CellML.

Perhaps if you could describe specifically where a component name is
appearing on the UI that you think is not the best one to be using, we
can discuss how this could be improved.