[cellml-discussion] CellML technical question.

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] CellML technical question.
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 11:19:27 +1200

----- ----- wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply,
>
> I am using CellML 1.1....PCEnv
>
> To put the (...And when I have imported the same component twice,....)
> question into context:
>
> I have created an import file consisting of 2 components (a and b).
> I have created another import file consisting of 2 components (a and c).
>
> I have imported both of the IMPORT files into 1 single file
> ( But in the 2nd file, I have renamed 'a' as 'a2'....using
> component_ref:a and name_ref:a2)
>
> Everything works fine, but when I am selecting properties to be shown
> on the graph, My options (for components) are : a
> c.
>
> My question is
> : Is there anyway to name them such that my
> components options when drawing a graph are : a
> a2
>
> c ?
Hi Habib,

The naming of components on the graph control is something that I am
interested in improving. I am not sure that it would be as simple as you
suggest - after all, you can import a component to multiple levels, and
there can be components pulled in due to the grouping facilities in
CellML which do not have a name supplied in the importing model.

One option for future improvements which I suggested when someone else
came to me with the same issue was to have multiple levels of context
menu mirroring the import structure in the graph control. So for
example, instead of the current two-level Component => Variable menu, it
could be:

Component => Variable (all names based on their names in the top level
model, even if they are imported).
Import URL => Component (named as in the imported model) => Variable
Import URL => Import URL => Component
and so on. Note that the same imported component would be listed more
than once, but under potentially different names.

The only problem with the above is that the same model can be imported
more than once, and so identifying components which are implicitly
imported more than once due to grouping would be problematic.

The other option would be to put components under other components
following the encapsulation hierarchy in CellML, in which case we
probably could use the name from the highest level the component is
imported to.

Thanks for your feedback on PCEnv.