[cellml-discussion] CeVAS, CUSES, MaLaES

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] CeVAS, CUSES, MaLaES
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:35:22 +1200

David Nickerson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just done an update on my working copy of the CellML API C++
> implementation and have found that new version of the code generation
> services (?) have arrived. While I presume the CCGS code is still
> complete and working (if I can get it to build), but I just wanted to
> check if the new code is ready for use and if there was any help
> available to ease changing from the old CCGS to the new methods? I'm
> hoping documentation and/or examples...(something like the current
> CCGS/tests/CellML2C.cpp would be good and may already be in there
> somewhere...)

Hi Andre,

The new services have landed a while ago on the trunk after being tested
on a branch. There are still a few issues being ironed out (mainly
regarding how invalid CellML models are handled, and ensuring that we
don't crash on them and instead report a useful error), but the new CCGS
is being used in PCEnv snapshot builds.

Firstly, the interfaces for CCGS have been updated, and the comments on
the interfaces have been updated to reflect what the interface now
does. The interface changes are fairly minor (the major change is that
the concept of iterating variables has now become iterating 'computation
targets', which are basically variables plus a degree to which that
variable is differentiated, as well as differences allowing you to
configure the CCGS to generate languages other than C). Bound variables
have been renamed to variables of integration, and the structure of the
generated code if you don't do any configuration has changed somewhat,
as there is now a separate array for algebraic and state variables
rather than squashing everything into a single variables array. Also,
CCGS/tests/CellML2C.cpp has been updated and should still be working
with the new code (it is used for the automated tests, which still pass).