[cellml-discussion] CellML OWL work in progress

  • From: sarala.dissanayake at auckland.ac.nz (Sarala Dissanayake)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] CellML OWL work in progress
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 20:32:33 +1200

Hi Randy and Ely,

I'm developing a framework for annotating and visualizing CellML
models. A solution has been developed that involves:
- an ontology for storing CellML models in OWL format (CellMLOWL) and
a set of rules for binding these CellMLOWL instances to CellML models.
- an ontology which represents biophysical and biological concepts
that are covered in CellML models (CellMLBio) and a set of rules for
binding these concepts to CellMLOWL models;
- a specification for building visual templates that support a visual
language that can be used to represent all biophysical and biological
processes covered in CellMLBio ontology and the rules for binding the
visual language to concepts within the CellMLBio ontology;
- a visual editing tool, that combines the visual language and
ontologies to visualize CellML models.

I'm currently writing up my thesis and 3 papers. I should be able to
make these available to you in draft form soon.

Cheers,
Sarala