[cellml-discussion] CellML, SBGN, SBO, BioPAX, and MIASE 2009 Workshop

  • From: c.lloyd at auckland.ac.nz (Catherine Lloyd)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] CellML, SBGN, SBO, BioPAX, and MIASE 2009 Workshop
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:06:03 +1300

Dear All

We would like to provide you with some more information about the
upcoming CellML SBGN SBO BioPAX and MIASE 2009 Workshop, and point out
that the registration form has been updated.

"Housekeeping"

The meeting will be held at Waiheke Island Resort from Sunday 5th -
Thursday 9th April. I understand that many of you will be travelling
from overseas and will be arriving in New Zealand a day early to allow
for jet lag recovery. I have also reserved a number of rooms at the
conference centre for the Saturday night. When you fill in the
registration form please indicate if you will be arriving on the 4th
or the 5th.

Also, if you are travelling with your partner or with your family
please let me know so I can allocate the rooms appropriately. At past
conferences we have asked people if they would mind sharing a room
(single sex allocation and, rest assured, everyone gets their own
bed!). Please let me know if this is a problem and I will endeavour
to get you your own room.

Transport from Auckland Airport to the conference centre is reasonably
straight forward. There are taxis (~$60), shuttle buses (~$30), and
the airport bus (which runs every 15 min $15 single or $22 return
http://www.airbus.co.nz/home/)
. Ask for the downtown ferry building. Ferries to Waiheke run
roughly every hour on the hour
(http://www.fullers.co.nz/index.php/pi_pageid/210
). Ferry tickets will be provided. Please give your name and the
"Auckland Bioengineering Institute" as a password at the ticket office
on pier 2 and a return ticket will be given to you.

To get from the Waiheke Wharf to the Conference Centre there are buses
that meet the ferry (destination Palm Beach, ask the driver exactly
where to get off for the Waiheke Island Resort), and also taxis (~$30)
and shuttle buses (shared fare).

Breakfast, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided, and
there will also be a couple of conference dinners. On the other
evenings, meals can be purchased from the conference centre, or you
may choose to dine out at one of the cafes, restaurants, or vineyards
on the island (http://www.waihekenz.com/waiheke_island_activities_dining.html
).

Programme

There will be five days of talks, posters and informal discussion.
Mornings will be dedicated to a series of short (5 min) talks and
chaired discussion, with the early afternoon reserved for less formal,
break away discussion. Late afternoons and evenings will be free for
further conversation (which you may choose to relocate to the beach!)
or for general recreation. Posters will be displayed around the room
for the majority of the meeting.

For those of you who are interested in presenting, the registration
form has been updated to include an abstract box (up to 350 words),
and please indicate if you would prefer to give an oral presentation
or a poster.

For those of you who have already registered, I apologise. Either you
can submit your details again or, alternatively, you can email me with
your arrival date (Sat 4th or Sun 5th), whether you will be travelling
alone or with your partner (or family), and if you would like to
present please send me a short abstract and an indication of whether
you prefer an oral presentation or a poster.

If you have any further questions or requests, please don't hesitate
to contact me.

Best wishes
Catherine