[cellml-discussion] Using CellML for simplified neuron models?

  • From: j.lawson at auckland.ac.nz (James Lawson)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Using CellML for simplified neuron models?
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 12:25:19 +1200

Dear Hans,

Further to Alan's email, I thought I'd refer you to some models we have
in the CellML Model Repository. Have a look at some of Dr Richard
Bertram's models at http://www.cellml.org/models - most of these are
models of bursting in pancreatic beta cells, but there are a couple of
neuronal models there too. You can find them under 'Bertram' in the
repository listing.

If your simple conditional statements can be covered by piecewise
equations, it can be done in CellML.

You might do well to look at some of the electrophysiological models of
heart cells that we've coded up -
http://www.cellml.org/models/beeler_reuter_1977_version08 is a fairly
simple model with a piecewise-based stimulus protocol added.

Please let me know if you need any help accessing the models in the
repository.

Best of luck!

Kind regards,
James Lawson