[cellml-discussion] naive questions about modeling blood-brain barrier and its disruption

  • From: maudette at odu.edu (Audette, Michel A.)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] naive questions about modeling blood-brain barrier and its disruption
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 15:07:26 -0400

Dear CellML developers and users,

I would like to write a white paper to the US Dept of Defense that describes
how CellML might be combined with SOFA and OpenRave-based robotic therapy
simulation, where in particular I would like to leverage your toolkit to
model an increase of porosity of the blood-brain barrier, which can be
triggered by ultrasonic energy delivery, as well as the uptake of a drug.

My knowledge of CellML is almost nil, and I'm open to any suggestion.

Best wishes,

Michel

Michel Audette, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,
Department of Modeling, Simulation and Visualization Engineering,
Old Dominion University,
Norfolk, VA.