[cellml-discussion] Migrating the Physiome Model Repository to Git

  • From: David Nickerson <david.nickerson AT gmail.com>
  • To: CellML Discussion List <cellml-discussion AT cellml.org>
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Migrating the Physiome Model Repository to Git
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 11:01:09 +1300

Hi all,

As per the recent announcement from Tommy
(https://lists.cellml.org/sympa/arc/cellml-discussion/2015-02/msg00008.html),
as part of the deployment of the newest version of the backend
software to the Physiome Model Repository we will be migrating all
workspaces to use Git instead of Mercurial for the underlying version
control system.

We will be performing this migration on Monday 23 March (approximately
9am to 5pm NZDT). During the migration there will be some disruption
to write access to the repository, so we recommend not attempting to
push changes into your workspaces during the migration. We also
recommend that you make sure your workspaces in the Physiome Model
Repository are all up-to-date so that you can take advantage of the
automatic migration to Git for all changesets. Any changesets not
pushed prior to the migration will need to be manually migrated - and
we will be able to help you through that process.

Notification will be posted to this mailing list prior to the
migration beginning and again following completion of the migration.

Please let us know if the proposed date of migration will impact your work.

Cheers,
David.

--

David Nickerson