[cellml-discussion] OpenCOR: new snapshot available

  • From: Alan Garny <alan.garny AT inria.fr>
  • To: "cellml-discussion AT cellml.org" <cellml-discussion AT cellml.org>
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] OpenCOR: new snapshot available
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 18:01:58 +0100
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Dear all,

This is just to let you know that a new OpenCOR snapshot has been released
(see here).

People using PMR should be particularly interested in this snapshot since the
PMR Workspaces window has seen quite a few GUI-related improvements.

Thus, the context menu is now the same whether a folder or a file is selected
(i.e. no need to be over the ‘right’ item to be able to do this or that).

The window is also less Git-oriented. Obviously, Git is still being used
under the hood, but it’s now even more transparent to the user (e.g. no
staging/unstaging of files as such anymore).

We have also added a way to see the differences between the official (i.e.
HEAD in Git speech) and the working versions of a file. That is, as long as
it is a text-based file. Differences for a CellML file are computed using
either the raw CellML code or the code resulting from the conversion to
CellML Text format.

As a starting point (and maybe as a final point, depending on whether people
are happy enough with our current approach), differences are shown inline
through in the listing of whole file content. Possible improvements include
listing only the lines that have differences (including a few lines before
and after to put things into context) and showing the differences side by
side (i.e. left = official version, and right = working version).

Best regards, Alan.

P.S.: feel free to spread the word and subscribe to our users (or even
developers) mailing list.