Re: [cellml-discussion] CellML 2.0 Draft Specification

  • From: Peter Hunter <p.hunter AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: cellml-discussion Mailing List <cellml-discussion AT lists.cellml.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cellml-discussion] CellML 2.0 Draft Specification
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 13:02:45 +1300

Hi Mike,

Great. The attached doc has examples of two definite integrals. In the first one it is assumed that f(t) has already been calculated from t=t1 to t=t2 and y (a single value) is then computed. In the second one, the value of y(t) is updated as time progresses, so that f(t) and y(t) would be computed at the same time. This requires that the value of this integral up until the previous time step, y(t-dt), is stored and the new increment f(t*).dt is then added to it (t<t*<t+dt). At a sufficiently small time step dt, one can assume that t* = t.

I suggest that you only implement the second type of integral as the first can be done in post-processing of the OpenCOR output variables.

Regards, Peter