[cellml-dev] Some CeledsExporter keys are under celeds/languages

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Some CeledsExporter keys are under celeds/languages
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:49:30 +1300

Randall Britten wrote:

> Hi Adam
>

> Not sure how to fix this, but the language definitions contain some
> keys and bits that belong under CeledsExporter. What are your thoughts?

I don't think this matters - the design of CeLEDs is such that keys can
exist for several applications within one file, and the whole point of
the service is to collate data into one place.

=> For a user only using the CeLEDs MaLaES export services without using
CCGS, the extra data doesn't really harm them (or they can clean it up
if they want to). These users don't use CeLEDsExporter at all so it
shouldn't be under both.
=> For users who want to use both CCGS and MaLaES, it is very useful to
have the data together in one file as the whole point of the service is
to reduce the amount of work required to get working language definitions.

We could consider changing it to use RDF and having user-defined
datasource policies so that the user controls what RDF/XML inputs are
parsed to create the final datasource in the future, but this would
probably take longer than a week and is not necessarily any better than
the status quo anyway.

Best wishes,
Andrew