[cellml-dev] Compiling opencell on ubuntu

  • From: alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk (Alan Garny)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Compiling opencell on ubuntu
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:29:22 -0000

> * Andrew Miller <ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz> [2009-11-10 23:04] writes:
> > Lucian Smith wrote:
> > >OK, the cellml-api now is compiling nicely, and opencell is further
> > >along. However, I'm now getting the error:
> > >
> > >make: *** No rule to make target `opencellStage/lib/libceleds.so.0',
> > >needed by `opencellStage/application.ini'. Stop.
> >
> > Hi Lucian,
> >
> > Did you enable CeLeDS when you built the API? Is the file in (path to
> > API)/.lib?
>
> That was it! Sorry, I thought I had got them all. It now compiles!
> And
> running it was a bit mysterious, but it runs, too! Thanks, everyone.

First, I am glad you got everything to work. Now, this being said, I must
confess that am still somewhat puzzled by your whole experience. It just
doesn't make sense to me. You said that you are under Ubuntu 9.04, so am I
correct in assuming that you followed the following instructions to build
the CellML DOM API:

http://cellml-api.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/cellml-api/cellml-api/file/f8b026
811ce2/docs/build_process_ubuntu_9_04.txt

and these ones to build OpenCell itself:

http://cellml-opencell.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/cellml-opencell/cellml-openc
ell/file/8af8082a6b4e/docs/build_process_ubuntu_9_04.txt

If not, then this is what you should have done and it should have worked
flawlessly. If this is what you have done, then it would be useful to know
exactly what is wrong in these sets of instructions, even though I
appreciate that you might want to move on, now that you have got things to
work for you.

Alan