[cellml-dev] Script to download the model repository

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Script to download the model repository
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 10:57:05 +1200

Lucian Smith wrote:
> * Andrew Miller <ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz> [2010-04-06 23:35] writes:
>> Lucian Smith wrote:

>>> So, Catherine updated some of the models and told me about it, but when I
>>> ran that script, it didn't pull the changes. Instead, I had to delete
>>> the
>>> directories entirely, then re-run the script to pull everything into
>>> fresh
>>> directories. Weirdly, it did claim it was downloading some changes, but
>>> not all of them. Is there something that can be done to fix that, or
>>> should I just periodically reset everything?
>> Hi Lucian,
>>
>> The script version you have run hg pull -u <directory> on each
>> directory, so it should pull changes.
>>
>> Did Catherine push her changes to the repository, or just commit them
>> locally? Did you get any errors (like a merge failure)? Did the changes
>> show up in hg log?
>
> Well, when I moved all the model directories out of the way and reran the
> script (which runs 'hg clone', I think), I got the latest version. I saw
> no errors.
>
> [sounds of rummaging around and re-running scripts]
>
> OK, I found one example. I ran 'download_repo.py' and among the output, I
> see:
>
> pulling from faville_pullan_sanders_smith_2008
> searching for changes
> no changes found
>
> In a different directory, I run 'download_repo.py' and get a fresh version
> of faville_pullan_sanders_smith_2008/. If I diff the .cellml files
> therein, I see changes. However, if I cd into that directory and type 'hg
> pull -u', some changes are downloaded, and after that, if I diff the
> .cellml files, everything is the same.
If you try pulling from the directory above (i.e. cd ..; hg pull -u
faville_pullan_sanders_smith_2008), does it work? The Python script just
calls "hg pull -u directory", so it is hard to see how it could get a
different result to that. If hg pull -u
faville_pullan_sanders_smith_2008 is different to "cd
faville_pullan_sanders_smith_2008 ; hg pull -u" then this could possibly
be a bug with your version of Mercurial. Do you have the latest version?

Best wishes,
Andrew

> So, something is wonky with the .py script?
>
> -Lucian

  • [cellml-dev] Script to download the model repository, Andrew Miller, 04/07/2010