[cellml-dev] SVG, JavaScript and OpenCell

  • From: alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk (alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] SVG, JavaScript and OpenCell
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 07:04:02 +0100

> OpenCell is currently based on XulRunner (i.e. very similar to Firefox),
and
> hence cruises regarding handling SVG with JavaScript. Based on early
reports from Alan and Andrew, it seems that other platforms (e.g. Qt/C++
or
> Scala/JVM) will probably struggle.

For the record, I never said that Qt/C++ would probably struggle regarding
handling SVG with JavaScript. I just didn't have time to look into it,
hence I couldn't objectively comment on it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Otherwise, from what Adam is saying, it would seem that Qt/C++ might
actually be able to handle SVG with JavaScript. No doubt that it would
have to be tested to be 100% certain. This being said, assuming it can't
then I don't think Qt/C++ should be discarded as a result. After all, and
as Andre implied, it's not like we should do everything (which is
currently in OpenCell) in the exact same way (that it has been done in
OpenCell).

Alan